- Chose a patch in your garden to grow your wildflowers. This patch should get a reasonable amount of sun each day.
- Clear the patch of any grasses and other plants and rake the surface to about 1cm in depth.
- Shake your TreeBee Wildflower Seed Mix packet well to mix the seeds up.
- Make sure that the seeds aren’t sown too close together, but are instead given an even spread.
- Sprinkle the seeds evenly and water immediately after.
- Cover the seeds to avoid them from being taken by birds and other wildlife.
- Continue to water on a regular basis, but only lightly.
- The hardest part – wait! Your seeds could take between 6-8 weeks to begin to grow, depending on the season. The colder the weather, the longer it takes.
- Be patient. The second years wildflowers are often better than the first!
The Tree Bee Society are at the forefront of British Bee Conservation and live bee removal. When bees come into conflict with humans, the Tree Bee Society are often called in to carry out one of our award winning live removals. During our bee removals we aim to rescue all bees live, re-homing them into a TreeBee hive and bringing them back to one of our apiary sites across the UK. Our main 10 acre field is now thriving with a mix of both Bumble and Honeybees that we have rescued and removed from various properties across the UK, making it a haven for wildlife.
TreeBee Beeswax is taken from our hives at both the point of rescue, after we’ve given what we can to the colony and as part of our honey harvesting process. We never take more than we need and we always ensure that there is enough beeswax left for our colonies to thrive. Once we have removed the wax, it is cleaned up of any hive debris by our beekeepers and stored safely until it’s needed.
TreeBee’s promise to you is that you receive the finest, pure beeswax products when you order from our website. We don’t put additives into our beeswax and we ensure that it arrives to you exactly as the bees made it.