Important Information – Beekeeping for Beginners
It is important to note the following information.
- The Tree Bee Society will provide all with the use of one of our bee suits, however it is suggested that you wear appropriate footwear for a working farm. We recommend wellington boots or sturdy walking boots.
- The Taster Session may be unsuitable for people with mobility and sight difficulties. If you are unsure, please call before purchasing to speak to one of our Beekeepers.
- The Taster Session is suitable to people of all ages, however any children under the age of 13 MUST be accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian. Please chose our Family Taster Session package if you wish to attend with family or young children under the age of 13.
- It is NOT recommended that you take part in the Beekeeping Taster Session if you have a known allergy to bees, wasps or any other stinging insects. While the Tree Bee Society beekeepers will always carry First Aid kits at these sessions and take every care to ensure stings do not happen, bees are wild animals and inevitably will sting even if unprovoked. Our beekeepers are not medically trained and the Tree Bee Society take no responsibility for anybody attending our Taster Sessions who has a known allergy who did not disclose it. Anybody disclosing that they have an allergy upon attending the course will be unable to complete the Taster Session and WILL NOT receive a refund.
- If your Taster Session is cancelled by the Tree Bee Society, we will offer you additional dates to re-book. If you cannot attend your booked Taster Session, the Tree Bee Society will offer you additional dates to re-book.If you have not booked a Taster Session in the year indicated on your voucher, you will not be able to carry this voucher over onto the following year. In this instance, a voucher for our online store will be issued to you to the balance of the sum of the Taster Sessions purchased.
By purchasing this product you agree to the following;
- To inform the Tree Bee Society of any known allergies to stinging insects prior to attending the Taster Session.
- That all under 13’s will be appropriately accompanied and supervised.
- Taster Sessions are weather dependent and your original choice for booking may not be suitable depending on forecasts. The Tree Bee Society will contact you 24 hours prior to your booking if we have to cancel due to weather.
- *Family Taster Sessions are for up to two adults and up to three children. Any additional persons will have to purchase the Individual Taster Session. At minimum, a Family Taster Session is for ONE adult and ONE child.
If you have any concerns about the above, please contact us.